[Fedora-xen] fc6: xennet module issue with kickstart

Florian Heigl florian.heigl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 01:08:01 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,

2006/11/10, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:41:02AM +0100, Florian Heigl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found one more little issue to stumble over :)
> >
> > I tried (among others) the following kernel:
> > kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686.rpm and the initrd from a (freshly
> > rsynced) images/xen/ directory.
> >
> > When the domU is created it comes up properly, and automatically
> preloads
> > the xenvbd module,
> > but not xennet. I extracted the initrd and found the xennet module
> there,

[...] snipped myself out

> 'phy:/dev/evms/ll-kickme_home,hdd,w' ]
> > vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr1' ]
>
> This is your problem - 'type=ioemu' is only relevant for fully-virt
> guests, but you're trying to do parav-irt install - just remove the
> type param & it will probably work.

Thank You _again_, You pointed me at the right thing.
I am currently trying to figure out why I added it in the first place, my
template
doesn't have it. I think it was about the type=ioemu vif being cleared from
the bridge more reliable than the standard vif.
i.e. just now
root at xen-host3 /etc/xen/configs/linlab# xm create -c ll-kickme
Using config file "ll-kickme".
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
this happened after a successful boot, so my spirit is up anyway)

I feel a bit stupid, having wasted a few hours on this.
on the other had it still fed google. :)

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'