[Fedora-xen] Upgrade FC5 Xen -> FC6

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Fri Nov 10 17:50:48 UTC 2006

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Then again, some people may like to have a single kernel image in the Dom0
> whcih they use to  boot all their guest images. If you want to manage your
> guests that way, simply add the 'kernel=/foo/bar/wizz' parameter to the
> guest config, and remove the pygrub config option.

Quick note:  This assumes a statically linked kernel.  You still have to
install the matching kernel modules into the guest filesystem, and IMHO
the easiest way to do that is to just install the kernel package that
contains them.

   I really believe that for the average setup that pygrub is a great
time saver.  I just wish it were finished and had some of the missing
features that grub has (IE: ability to on-the-fly edit a config and
boot, which avoids having to fiddle with the Xen config in order to go
into single user mode.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"