[Fedora-xen] VM has gone after reboot

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 01:04:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have successfully created a fully virtualized VM using virt-manager
on FC6, using virt-manager 2.0.6 from FC7. I was able to boot the
installation disk and install the operating system. Everything went
fine until the machine was rebooting.

At that point my console window broke down. I noticed the following
message in my local terminal window, which started virt-manager:

libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain win
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain 1
libvir: error : library call virDomainGetXMLDesc failed, possibly not supported
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/tmp/virt-manager-0.2.6-1-root-root/usr/share/virt-manager/./virtManager/details.py",
line 287, in refresh_resources
  File "/var/tmp/virt-manager-0.2.6-1-root-root/usr/share/virt-manager/./virtManager/domain.py",
line 202, in vcpu_max_count
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number

In xend.log, I only found the following message:

libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain win
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain 1
libvir: error : library call virDomainGetXMLDesc failed, possibly not supported
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/tmp/virt-manager-0.2.6-1-root-root/usr/share/virt-manager/./virtManager/details.py",
line 287, in refresh_resources
  File "/var/tmp/virt-manager-0.2.6-1-root-root/usr/share/virt-manager/./virtManager/domain.py",
line 202, in vcpu_max_count
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number

As a consequence, the VM has gone from virt-manager, which only allows
me to create a new VM.

Any ideas how to go on?

Thanks,

Jochen