[Fedora-xen] 4gb seg fixup messages during boot; xen guest not booting

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sun Nov 12 02:01:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006, Job 317 wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have seen this topic written about on a number of sites but none of
> the suggested fixed have worked for me.

You need to do one or more of this in the DomUs:

* do the nosegneg stuff as you've siad; but it doesn't work for me with Debian/Ubuntu
  guests for some reason (shrug, I haven't looked into it that much)
* Install Xen-friendly (ie, nosegneg) libc libraries
* Make sure /lib/tls ain't there.

I've deleted /lib/tls and rebooted; its quietened down substantially.
It'd be nice if the printk were disable'able somehow as it really does seem
to stop things booting from time to time..

adrian