[Fedora-xen] VLANs on DomU domains

Bond, Darryl dbond at nrggos.com.au
Sun Nov 12 02:13:23 UTC 2006

I am setting up a box with FC6 + xen with FC6 for the DomU guests.
I have a server with 4 gigabit ports and I want to use 802.1Q vlans on one of the gig ports.
I have the VLANs configured in Dom0 without any addresses attached to them.

How do I make the VLANs available to the guests? I want to make 4 VLANs available to each guest.
I have thought of a few alternatives but I cannot get any to work.

1. Bridge the tagged 802.1Q stream from the Gig port through to the guests and configure eth0.x. on the guests
2. Create a bridge on Dom0 for each VLAN so that they appear as eth0...eth3 on the guests.

The xen documentation is minimal for configuring VLANs. Is there a (FC6) supported way of configuring them?

Regards
Darryl

                                DISCLAIMER

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only
for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have
received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or
photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly
prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and
attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any
person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and
are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and
destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.  Unless expressly
attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the
views of the company.