[Fedora-xen] No mouse and KB activity in FC5 guest OS in FC6 xen host setup

Ranganathan, Shobha shobha.ranganathan at intel.com
Mon Nov 13 02:17:57 UTC 2006

Here is the configuration of unmodified guest FC5 in FC6 Xen host.

I have a iMac running FC6 Xen in x86 mode and FC5 as unmodified guest

I get a graphics for unmodified guest which allows me login. But then no
mouse and keyboard is active after logging me into FC5 unmodified guest.

What is wrong ? I also tried adding nographic=1 options and usb=1 and
sdl=1.

I always created it again. But absolutely no mouse/KB activity.

Any tip/trick is greatly appreciated as I am not making forward
progress..

# Automatically generated xen config file

name = "xenbox_G1FC5"

builder = "hvm"

memory = "256"

uuid = "e56c658f-a4f2-3c10-3bb1-93a1e519bd69"

disk = [ 'file:/root/xenguest4,ioemu:hda,w' ]

vif = [ 'type=ioemu,bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:42:1c:1f' ]

on_reboot   = 'restart'

on_crash    = 'restart'

kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'

device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

sdl = 1 # use SDL for graphics

apic=1

acpi=1

pae=1

nographic = 0 # don't use graphics

serial='pty' # enable serial console

Regards

Shobha Ranganathan

"The significant challenges we face cannot be resolved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein