[Fedora-xen] virt-manager gives "The console is currentlyunavailable" in FC6

Ranganathan, Shobha shobha.ranganathan at intel.com
Wed Nov 15 01:45:17 UTC 2006

Anyway I'd suggest:
- Check that you can ping localhost
I could ping the localhost

- Check there's a localhost entry in /etc/hosts associated with
127.0.0.1
(and not with ::1)
I have two entries one with 127.0.0.1 and ::1. I went ahead and
commented out  ::1 entry
- Run "netstat -antp" to see what ports programs are listening on
I see various services on IP address of the local host 172.xx.xx.xx and
127.0.0.1 and ::22 and ::1 and 0.0.0.0

I see sshd, cupsd and hpiod running with local address as ::22, ::1 and
0.0.0.0.

Regards
Shobha Ranganathan
"The significant challenges we face cannot be resolved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein