[Fedora-xen] scp in FC6 + Xen gets stuck in "stalled" stage

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 16 00:49:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Ranganathan, Shobha wrote:

> Yes . That did it. I am able to copy files using scp.

Excellent.

> Why does an MTU issue come up in this scenario ?

I have no idea. I encounter this problem mostly in my support job
for Openswan, and then the case is usually an overzealous firewall
administrator blocking all icmp packets or overly horrid and cheap
DSL/cable network design. There have also been issues in the past with
path MTU and IPsec (on both KLIPS and NETKEY).

This fix tends to work, at least for tcp. Perhaps this is related
to the bridging setup of Xen? Or VLAN tagging? I have no idea.

Paul