[Fedora-xen] Cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on a PAE-less CPU

Filipe Miranda filipe.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:33:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad T41 notebook and I recently installed FC6. One of the cool
features of FC6 is the virtualization through Xen, but the xen-kernel that
comes with FC6 ( 2.6.18-1.2849) causes kernel panic.
Here is the exact message:

KERNEL PANIC: Cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on a PAE-less CPU!

I already tried to use the swiotlb=force parameter during system boots
(Grub) but no success.
Someone on the xen channel of the Freenode told me that I would need a FC6
xen-non-PAE-kernel but I searched o the FC6 repositories and did not find
it.
Any suggestions besides compiling it from source?

Regards,

---
Filipe T Miranda