[Fedora-xen] FC6 w updates: xenguest-install.py hangs on Dell poweredge

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Nov 20 18:42:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> Is it a FC6 guest you're installing, or something else ?

Yes.

> > The hardware is a Dell poweredge (I believe an 850), with a single P4,
> > 4GB of ram and SATA disks.
> >
> > The dom0 is a i386 image install of FC6 with all updates.
>
> Are you sure ? Because there is no xenguest-install.py in FC6. It got
> renamed first to xenguest-install, and then to virt-install just before
> release. FC5 should be the only place where xenguest-install.py is
> still distributed. What 'xen' RPM version have you got ?

Uhm yeah. long live tab completion. I didnt even notice. The commandline
used was:

xenguest-install -n ftp.xtdnet.nl -f /children/ftp.xtdnet.nl/ftp.xtdnet.nl.img --nographics -p -l ftp://dl.xs4all.nl/pub/mirror/fedora/core/6/i386/os/ -x "noacpi noapic" -r 1024

(the noapic noacpi was a test in the hope tht it would fix my issue).

Also, I can still do xm shutdown and then I see the system halting.

Paul