[Fedora-xen] error when trying to connect with virt-manager

Jimison, Ed ed.jimison at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 23:06:11 UTC 2006

I am doing a new install of Fedora Core 6, trying to use the
virt-manager app to create fully virtualized guests on an Intel
VT-enabled system. I have read the Fedora Xen Quickstart guide and have
verified that the Xen kernel is running  (via uname -r) and that Xen is
started (via xm list). After starting virt-manager, clicking "Local Xen
host" in the Open connection box, and clicking Connect I get the
following error:

Unable to open a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon

            Verify that:

            - A Xen host kernel was booted

            - The Xen service has been started

Has anyone else seen this?