[Fedora-xen] virDomainCreateLinux() failed

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Nov 22 00:01:40 UTC 2006

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>

>> FC6, xen installed, latest updates as of five minutes ago. ASUS P5LD2-R2.0
>> board, Intel 6600 CPU, 2GB RAM, 1.5TB disk.
>> PAE on, virtualization on. xend running, "xm list" works, shows one domain.
>>

> does not mention "selinux disabled"

If that's needed it somewhat conflicts with the idea for running things
in virtual machines for added security :-( I thought that was a
non-issue with 2.6.18, but I may be wrong.

>> libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Error creating
>> domain: Disk image does not exist:
>> /home/davidsen/Virtual_Machines/OpenBSD-4.0a')
>>

> And that's not in /xen/

Hopefully doesn't have to be. Having all projects in a single place just
begs for name clash and visibility exposure issues. The browse didn't
have any trouble finding the file, at minimum probably a bug if it
allows me to select a file I can't use.
> I think that used to be an issue with selinux. not sure if it still is.

Thanks for the ideas, I was hoping to use xen instead of VMware, but
when I did a project a few years ago I don't recall it being
particularly inflexible.

I'll try just moving the disk image file and running with that.

Again, many thanks.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc