[Fedora-xen] What's the Pre-requisites for virt-manager

Henry Zhang Hua.Zhang at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 23 11:54:24 UTC 2006

hi Daniel,

 From the webpage, I can see that dbus and gnome-python-desktop are
optional, but when our release engineer try to build, seems they are
not, so could you confirm me if we can build/run virt-manager correctly
without Dbus?

I carefully read the content in "Dbus Services", My understanding is
that Dbus in virt-manager is used to make other external application
call some core function, so that they can get display the window/dialog .

When Dbus is used?

"The remote control module provides the DBus service
<http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/dbusservice.html> allowing various UI
functions to be controlled remotely.": My understanding for "remotely"
is to run virt-manager remotely, is it correct? so will dbus only used
when remotely? if some application in local machine, it may also use
Dbus to run some function?

Thanks,
Henry

Daniel P. Berrange 写道: