[Fedora-xen] Re: virDomainCreateLinux() failed

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Nov 23 04:53:43 UTC 2006

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:51:24PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> FC6, xen installed, latest updates as of five minutes ago. ASUS
>> P5LD2-R2.0 board, Intel 6600 CPU, 2GB RAM, 1.5TB disk.
>> PAE on, virtualization on. xend running, "xm list" works, shows one domain.
>>

>> Install of any fully virtualized o/s fails. Sample output:
>> Would you like a fully virtualized guest (yes or no)?  This will allow
>> you to run unmodified operating systems. yes
>> How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
>> Would you like to enable graphics support? (yes or no) no
>>

>> Starting install...
>> libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain OpenBSD-4.0
>> libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Error
>> creating domain: Disk image does not exist:
>> /home/davidsen/Virtual_Machines/OpenBSD-4.0a')
>
> In FC6 GA you have to make sure the file for the disk was under /xen
> to be labelled correctly. In rawhide (and the latest FC6 policy)
> we're moving to /var/lib/xen/images. This is consistent with the
> directory used on Suse, and what the next version of XenD will
> enforce. To double check what directory is setup for the SELinux
> policy you can run
>
>   semanage fcontext -l | grep xen_image_t
>
> If you don't have space under /var/lib/xen/images, then either
> mount a new volume there, or bind that dir to a location which
> has extra space, eg
>
>     mount --bind /some/dir/with/big/disk  /var/lib/xen/images
>
> If you really really don't want to use /var/lib/xen/images at all,
> then you can define a new location in the SELinux policy using:
>
>    semanage fcontext -a -f "" -t xen_image_t '/some/directory(/.*)?'

This sounds like the missing piece, I can check where the current
install wants it, and then get it there in one way or another. I'll try
it some time over the long weekend and report back.

Thanks much, I suspect this was the hint I needed.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
   CTO TMR Associates, Inc