[Fedora-xen] What's the Pre-requisites for virt-manager

Henry Zhang Hua.Zhang at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 24 03:30:54 UTC 2006

hi Dan, I think it over, and seems more concern, see below,

Daniel P. Berrange 写道:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 07:31:07PM +0800, Henry Zhang wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Here I have another question on virt-manager, as you write "an embedded
>> VNC client viewer provides console access to each of the guest domains",
>> my concern is where is the vnc server, who provide it, and start it?
>> Need we setup vnc? I looked through the process used to create guest,
>> seems there is no any step for vnc...
>>

> The VNC server depends on what type of domain is being run. For HVM guests
> the VNC server is provided by the qemu-dm process assoicated with that
> guest. For paravirt guests, VNC is only available if you have the paravirt
> framebuffer patches applied to your xen tree - these are not in xen-unstable
> yet. In paravirt, XenD will launch a xen-vncfb process to provide the VNC
> server.
due to vnc connection is required by vnc-viewer, vnc-viewer can present
the graphical console,
because there is no paravirt framebuffer patches applied to
xen-unstable, so virt-manager can't work
with xen-unstable for paravirt guests, because we can't get the
graphical console run. is it right?

xen-unstable should be the latest version of Xen, if it has no paravirt
framebuffer patches, maybe xen-stable
should have no either? and if so, we may say virt-manager not support
paravirt at the moment?