[Fedora-xen] What's the Pre-requisites for virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Nov 24 15:40:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 08:28:24PM +0800, Henry Zhang wrote:
> Dan,
>
> that's great, see comments below...
>
> Daniel P. Berrange ??????:
> >On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 10:52:13AM +0800, Henry Zhang wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks Dan, please see comments below.. :)
> >>
> >>Daniel P. Berrange ??????:

> >>So can I say: Dbus is necessary one for building virt-manager, while not
> >>when running it?
> >>

> >The DBus python libraries *are* needed at runtime. If the DBus daemon isn't
> >present though, we catch the connection failure and disable that piece of
> >the virtmanager functionality on the fly.
> >
> thanks, I know what you mean,
> now for us, the problem is we don't want to port Dbus/HAL, it means when
> we build virt-manager there is no Dbus/HAL in our system, if we want to
> succeed in building, I am thinking to delete all codes relative to Dbus,
> I find they are almost in remote.py, and some code in makefile,
> create.py and virt-manager.py.in, do you think it's ok?

Yes, it should be pretty straightforward for you to remove the DBus bits
completely - just remove the src/virtManager/remote.py file, and any referneces
to DBus in srv/virt-manager.py.in

FYI, though I assume (from your email address) you're trying to get this
working on Solaris ? DBus should work on Solaris already, and I'm told
that there is also already a port of HAL to Solaris.

Regards,
Dan.