[Fedora-xen] xen partitioning for Vista

Ian Patton ian.patton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:31:48 UTC 2006

Andrew,

I just noticed something significant.  It is not the partition or the file
causing the problem.

In my assumption I based it on the fact I used the file when using the old
xen kernel 2798, and used the partition on the new xen kernel 2849

I just tested it using a file on both kernels, and it turns out that it
works using a file only under the old kernel.  Using the exact same config
file on the new kernel does not work.  I did not test using a partition on
the old kernel, but I bet it would work.

At last I can finally continue working on this!  But, it looks like a
problem that needs to be documented in the short term and fixed in the next
kernel in the long term.  I hope anyone else trying this finds this!

Thanks for your assistance,

Ian Patton

--
Ian Patton