[Fedora-xen] kernel name confusion and no config.h in 2.6.18-1.2741 ?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 6 21:03:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Chris Lalancette wrote:

> Two things:
>
> 1)  I believe include'ing linux/config.h was deprecated in 2.6.18, so the out-of-tree packages are going to have to catch up.  That's just the danger of being out of tree.  My guess is that it would be a relatively simple fix, but I can't say for certain.

Ok. a quick replae of linux/config.h for linux/autoconf.h worked and fixed the problem.
Now, to do this properly without adding ugly large #ifdef's to a bunch of files.......
Why didn't they put the logic in config.h itself :(

> 2)  If you want yum to keep your old kernels, edit /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf and either set "enabled" to 0 (which means it never deletes old packages), or set "tokeep" to a larger number.  I usually set tokeep to around 9 or so, which ensures that I have plenty of time to go back to an older packages.

It used to install kernels, not update them. So you had a fallback. I think that is pretty
important, so sysadmins can fall back on their older kernel if the new one does not boot.
It should be the default. I'll do another xenguest install and then an upgrade and confirm
this is really what happened before opening a bugzilla on this.

Paul