[Fedora-xen] Problem assigning a usb or pci port to a domU

Atsushi SAKAI sakaia at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 11 06:26:46 UTC 2006

Hi, Pascal

  Our method needs kernel recompilation.

I want to ask you your environment.
1)Do You plan to do it w/ xenguest-install.py?
  (We are not succeeded yet since pciback.hide is not passed to xen0)
or
2)Do You plan to do from compile?
 (We are just using the original xen's buildconfigs/linux-defconfig_xenU_x86_32)
 and Set
 CONFIG_PCI=y
 CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y
 for DomU
 and
 CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS=y
 for Dom0

For more detail, see the original Xen file of
linux-sparse/drivers/xen/pciback/Makefile.

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI