[Fedora-xen] Console Hang On Boot Using 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5xenU

Stan Larson stan at freedomics.com
Tue Oct 17 16:14:33 UTC 2006

Sorry if this is a repeat.  I haven't found searchable archives for this
forum yet.

1.  I installed FC5 + xen on a base system and performed "yum -y upgrade".
2.  I then created and booted a DomU using the original FC5 disk.  So
far, so good.
3.  In the DomU, I performed "yum -y upgrade" and rebooted the DomU
using the new kernel, 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5xenU.

The DomU boots OK, but returns control or starts a shell.  The console
starts all services and then just hangs.  I can ssh into the domain
from another window and all is well.  If I break from the console using
CRTL-] and then return using xm console, I'm still stuck.  If I boot to
the old kernel (the one provided by the FC5 install disk, aka
2.6.15-1.2054_FC5xenU) the problem doesn't occur.

Any suggestions?

--
Stan Larson
I/S Manager