[Fedora-xen] Xenguest-install.py doesnt seem to work

J.L. Coenders fedora at universalgrid.nl
Sat Oct 28 17:52:07 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to install a FC6 guest from the DVD on a FC5 xen system. Xen runs
(xm list show the dom-0), and I am trying to install with
xenguest-install.py, but it gives the error below. Any ideas? I cannot find
anything usefull anywhere. I am searching and trying for days now.

Regards,
Jeroen

---

What is the name of your virtual machine? fc6
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 512
 What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /home/vms/fc6
 How large would you like the disk to be (in gigabytes)? 6
 What is the install location? ftp://localhost/pub

Starting install...
libvir: error : operation virDomainCreateLinux forbidden for read only access
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py", line 460, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py", line 451, in main
    start_paravirt_install(name, ram, disk, mac, uuid, src, options.extra)
  File "/usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py", line 331, in start_paravirt_install
    dom = conn.createLinux(cfgxml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 249, in createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() faile