[Fedora-xen] kernel-xen0-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5 amusingly unhappy

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Oct 30 01:02:59 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > Unfortunately, I'm seeing the same behavior (printk messages suppressed,
> > 4GB fixup, etc.) on a completely "stock" FC5 install. No debian or Ubuntu
> > here...
> >
> > My dom0 now runs xm commands, but starting any guest results in the
> > messages and the guest never completes the boot process -- no login
> > prompt.
>
> Ok, so you're seeing these messages in the guest only - you're not seeing
> any of these messages in the Dom0 host too ?

ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: Power Button (CM) [PWRB]
ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [SLPB]
ibm_acpi: ec object not found
printk: 29482 messages suppressed.
4gb seg fixup, process nash (pid 950), cs:ip 73:080f3a06
4gb seg fixup, process nash (pid 950), cs:ip 73:080f692d
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
device-mapper: ioctl: 4.7.0-ioctl (2006-06-24) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com
EXT3 FS on sda2, internal journal
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on hda1, internal journal

Thats during bootup before / is mounted..

There's more messages but I can't tell which are due to FC5 (some of them)
and which are due to my chroot-into-debian-install-to-try-and-fix mucking
about.

Adrian