[Fedora-xen] Brigde configuration

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at ig.com.br
Mon Oct 30 15:40:46 UTC 2006

Hello Daniel,

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 14:29 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> Then, when 'xend' starts it creates the xenbr0 device automatically
> and makes eth0 part of the bridge & copies across the IP address
> config that eth0 had to the bridge. You should never have to configure
> anything on the bridge directly - should be all automatic.

Well, I don't know exactly what's happen but now I've configured only my
eth0 on boot time, and put this on my rc.local:

ip link set peth0 down
ip link set peth0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set peth0 up

ip link set xenbr0 down
ip link set xenbr0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set xenbr0 up

ip link set eth0 down
ip link set eth0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff arp off
ip link set eth0 up

Now, after boot my machine don't crash any more, but the bridge stay
without IP/MAC:

xenbr0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:14472 (14.1 KiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

[root at xen ~]# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              peth0
                                                        vif0.0

I don't know if this was correct, but anyway it's all working again!

Many thanks!

- Tiago Cruz