[Fedora-xen] Xen VT Notebooks

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Sun Sep 3 00:57:05 UTC 2006

Folks,

Hoping for advice on notebooks suited to Xen. If you've had success
enabling VT, what notebook model are you using?

I've asked on the Xen mailing list as well - am considering a new
notebook, and have heard that HP has disabled VT on all of their Dual
Core and AMD X2 TL-50 (and above) notebooks. I know, I know, avoid the
T2300E (and below), the Core 2 Duo T5500, and anything less than TL-50.

I gather from some messages that some notebooks allow end-users to
enable it via the BIOS, others (namely HP) do not.

Don't know if that's true, but HP pre-sales support says that they don't
have any documentation on the issue. So much for HP sales . . . Still
awaiting a reply from Dell.

Thanks,
Mike