[Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Fedora-ia64-list] FC6 Test3 Xen test result

y-oguchi at jp.fujitsu.com y-oguchi at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Sep 19 23:22:38 UTC 2006

Fred, Yongkang,

> Other issues:
> 1) Xen0 operation is a little slower than RHEL4u3.
> 2) XenU creating failure, please see attachment for the serial output.

I can't find the attachment.
Could you repost the serial log?

Thanks,
Yoshi Oguchi

"Yang, Fred" <fred.yang at intel.com> wrote:
> Following is the quick Xen test result with FC6 Test3.  We will file
BZ for the issues tonight; the early data is to get community to fix Xen
issues ASAP
> Thanks,
> -Fred
>
> ====
> I have followed Redhat instructions (FC6-test3 can not be installed
from CDs) to install FC6-Test3 and do some testing.  Both Xen0 and VTI
can all boot up, but XenU couldn't be created successfully.

> Detailed Items:
> 1.  Using yum to upgrade FC6 Test2 to FC6 Test3    [almost Pass] need
manually reinstall kernel-xen rpm package.
> 2.  Boot Native Linux of FC6 Test3   [Pass]
> 3.  Boot Xen of FC6 Test3   [Pass]
> 4.  xend and xm commands are working.    [Pass]
> 5.  XenU Domain creating failed.     [__FAIL__]
> 6.  Missing VTI guest firmware (/usr/lib/xen/boot/guest_firmware.bin)
    [__FAIL__ (expected)]