[Fedora-xen] fc3 guest on fc6

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Apr 8 15:49:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, gudy at ryra.de wrote:

> I am going install fc3 guest system on a fc6 Domain0.

> host                   : D0_fc6
> release                : 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6xen

> I can install fc6 guest domain, but I can not install fc3 guest system.
> is that at all possible?

The only feasable way is to have a real fc3 install transferred to an
image file, and slightly hacked for proper use of devices/console. You
will find references in the archives of this list. From the top of my head:
- disable hardware clock saving routines
- disable kudzu
- install modern module-init-tools

I guess someone should make "stock" FC 3/4/5/6 images for xen.

Paul