[Fedora-xen] kernel-xen-2.6.20 unusable in fc5/fc6/fc7 (crashing)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Apr 11 16:35:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > Weirdly its with a fresh debootstrap'ed Debian etch (so not "old") Linux
> > install under FC6; etch under FC5 with an older FC5 2.6.18 kernel doesn't
> > trigger the nash CPU loop.
>
> Maybe Debian is still using hotplug instead of udev? Try apt-get install udev

Already thought about that (and I've been bitten by the lack of udev in default
installs of earlier Debians):

test-1:~# dpkg -l | grep udev
ii  udev                   0.105-4                         /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
test-1:~# dpkg -l | grep hotplug
ii  udev                   0.105-4                         /dev/ and hotplug management daemon
test-1:~# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
procbususb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)

Adrian