[Fedora-xen] fc5 domU on rhel5 dom0

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Sat Apr 21 13:22:16 UTC 2007

> It doesn't seem to be working for me with fc5 either... It just so happened
> that there was a fc5 kernel release (2312) yesterday or today, after I got
> 2307 up and running. I did the yum update in the domU, but after a domU
> shutdown and xm create, the domU wouldn't come back up again. I don't remember
> the details, but the procedure above got me back in business. I'll try to
> remember to take note of what fails when the next update happens (If I haven't
> moved that domain to fc6 by then).

It's likely that you are missing something from your /etc/modprobe.conf;
when the kernel is installed via yum, one of the last things it does is
dynamically generate an initrd based on your current configuration in
/etc/modprobe.conf

The modprobe.conf on my (working) FC5 guest looks like this:

alias eth0 xennet
alias scsi_hostadapter xenblk

What does yours look like?

Chris Lalancette