[Fedora-xen] rhel 5 hvm install freezes

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 22 17:24:45 UTC 2007

I am trying (mainly for experimentation purposes) to install rhel5 (x86_64) fully
virtualized as a guest under Fedora core 6 (x86_64) Dom0.

I've got the rhel5 CD images mounted where apache can see them, and I tell
the xenguest-install script to use the images/boot.iso file as the install image.

I get started fine, tell the installer to use HTTP, point it at the apache server
running on Dom0, and it gets a good way through the install, then the virtual
video freezes up, the virtual mouse no longer moves, etc.

This sound familiar to anyone? Any particular rocks I ought to start looking
under for information about what might be going on?