[Fedora-xen] LVM backed storage

Adrian Revill adrian.revill at shazamteam.net
Tue Apr 24 11:08:09 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have created a DomU using a logical volume created on the Dom0 called
node-image, and i can see it as the device /dev/VolGroup00/node-image
When i installed the OS i created a custom disk layout of a single ext3
/ partition. (an odd layout, but this is for a diskless client image)

I would like to be able to mount the /dev/VolGroup00/node-image on Dom0,
but i cannot work out how to create the device nodes for the partition.

So i thought i could use the xm attach-block command

xm attach-block 0 /dev/VolGroup00/node-image /dev/node-image ro

This said it had created the device but i could not see it in /dev on Dom0

Does any one know how i can mount /dev/VolGroup00/node-image partition 1?

regards
Adrian