[Fedora-xen] Xen 3.0.4...

Boudreau Luc luc.boudreau at umontreal.ca
Wed Apr 25 19:31:49 UTC 2007

Hi !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but considering this :

-          FC6 ships with Xen 3.0.3 with xen-kernel version 2.6.20

-          Xen 3.0.3 has a serious performance bug (see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-10/msg00487.html
)

-          This bug is fixed in Xen 3.0.4

-          Xen 3.0.4 ships with xen-kernel 2.6.16

Is it possible to install both a recent kernel version (>2.6.18) AND Xen
3.0.4 and still take advantage of the FC6 update mechanism ? Can I
install the xen kernel shipped with FC6 and regularely updated through
the update system, AND have a manual installation of Xen 3.0.4 ??

Luc