[Fedora-xen] FC6 initrd without xenblk?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 11 13:32:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I had to roll a custom initrd for 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6xen which included
> xenblk during boot:
>
> [root at hosting-3 ~]# mkinitrd -f --preload=xenblk --with=xenblk /boot/initrd-2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6xen.img.1 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6xen
>
> The default initrd didn't load xenblk and thus domU didn't have any block devices,
> halting the boot process right in its tracks.
>
> Is there a "better" way to do this for PVM under FC6? (this example is Debian etch
> DomU under FC6 Dom0.)

No :(

Because the dom0 didnt need the drivers, they're not put in the initrd for
the dom0, but it doesn't calculate in the fact we want to use the same initrd
for the guests. I'm probably sounding like a broken record asking for these
drivers in the default initrd for the xen kernel (which is used for both
dom0 and guests).

Paul