[Fedora-xen] FC6 initrd without xenblk?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Apr 11 15:15:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > Is there a "better" way to do this for PVM under FC6? (this example is Debian etch
> > DomU under FC6 Dom0.)
>
> No :(
>
> Because the dom0 didnt need the drivers, they're not put in the initrd for
> the dom0, but it doesn't calculate in the fact we want to use the same initrd
> for the guests. I'm probably sounding like a broken record asking for these
> drivers in the default initrd for the xen kernel (which is used for both
> dom0 and guests).

Thats really the case? I went looking for fc6 xen0 and xenU kernels like there
was with FC5 but couldn't find it; I thought they'd then "do the right thing."

Daniel, any chance of having at least xenblk in the fc6 initrd unless there's
also a seperate initrd shipped, or split dom0/domU kernels like with FC5?

2c,

Adrian