[Fedora-xen] kernel-xen-2.6.20 unusable in fc5/fc6/fc7 (crashing)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 11 16:07:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> > >It seems to be passing my initial burn-in tests fine; save for the 100% CPU
> > >/bin/nash process.
> >

> > Perhaps you could run that debian system outsize of xen?
>
> .. kinda defeats the purpose of running multiple virtual Linux servers
> inside Xen, eh? :)

For older OS'es, you run into this 100% nash/hotplug issue. As a work
around i use a "killall" in the rc.sysvinit script. I'm not sure what
the real bug is, but I guess nash/hotplug are making some invalid assumptions
about the capability of the kernel, and it should just abort instead
of getting into this infinite loop.

Since the fix is easy, I never delved into what it is actually doing. If
there is an interest in fixing this bug, I could investigate.

Paul