[Fedora-xen] Fedora 7 - missing dummy interfaces

David Mueller dsm717 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:04:54 UTC 2007

Yes, test_vm is the name of the virtual machine in the second column
of the list in virt-manager.  If I just try to launch virsh I get an
error too:

# virsh
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh #

Note that I am using the standard kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 and not a
xen0 kernel, so it should be using KVM rather than xen.  The computer
has an Intel Core Duo processor with the Virtualization instructions
enabled in BIOS -- the guest VM runs just fine.

- David