[Fedora-xen] Possible to skip reboot with virt-install?

David Mueller dsm717 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:19:34 UTC 2007

Is it possible to tell virt-install to skip the reboot it does after
completing the OS install to a guest?  I'm writing some shell scripts
to automate creating and running of virtual machines, and the reboot
after the install is just slowing things down as I have to wait for it
to boot up, then shut it down before I can continue.

I'm using a customized Fedora 7 installer creating using Revisor and a
kickstart file, so if it's a change I need to do there (thinking
perhaps that the command to restart rather than shut down is coming
from the guest) I can.  I noticed that using virt-manager, when the
install finished and I hit restart, the guest simply shut down.

- David