[Fedora-xen] Fedora Core 8 + Xenbr0 + network bridging?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 2 00:34:05 UTC 2007

Christian Lahti wrote:
> Hi Mark:
>
> Thank you very much for your response, I did indeed read the original poster as Dale by mistake :)  So what you are saying makes perfect sense to me and sounds like exactly what we are after, I will have 3 vlans to bridge myself ultimately.  My next question is the relative merits of RHEL5.1 as compared to Fedora 8.  Obviously I would prefer the stable enterprise release rather than bleeding edge Fedora, but has fully virtualized windows performance been fixed in this release?  At any rate I am looking forward to getting this up and running tomorrow!
>
> /Christian
>

> ________________________________

In your position, I might consider another Sunday to see whether the f8
tools run on C5, and not, then what's needed.

The -xen kernel's probably needed along with the most obvious *virt*.
There might not be a lot of building to do, and the odds are good that a
Fedora kernel will "just work," depending on whether you need extra drivers.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait