[Fedora-xen] Xen : virsh error

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 11:12:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:01:25AM +0530, unixfoo wrote:

>    Yeah  Of  course  ,  Im  running  xen  kernel  :)  .  But I dont see a
>    /etc/init.d/libvirtd and virsh doesnt work.
>    [root at unixfoo1~]# rpm -qa | grep virt
>    libvirt-0.1.8-15.el5.0.1
>    libvirt-python-0.1.8-15.el5.0.1
>    python-virtinst-0.99.0-2.el5

  You stated previously "I use Fedora 8" and now you have RHEL 5.0 bits
there. It gets harder to help you if you don't tell us exactly what is
going on.

  The daemon is definitely present in the most recent packages for RHEL,
I suggest you update your installation if possible or at least make sure
everything is pristine and correwctly installed, that will certainly help:

[root at test2 ~]# rpm -qf /etc/init.d/libvirtd
libvirt-0.2.3-9.el5

Daniel