[Fedora-xen] Xen Network Configuration Files?

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Fri Dec 7 21:38:20 UTC 2007

	When xend starts on my F7 box, it creates virbr0 and xenbr0 as
expected, but it also creates br0, which is a bridge I had set up by
creating an ifcfg-br0 in network-scripts, and that file is long since gone
(the box has gone through two kernel updates and at least as many boots
since then).  I didn't use xend tools to create this stuff, so I have no
idea why xend has taken to creating the bridge (which was never even used
for a domU).  Additionally, when I was messing around trying to get rid of
it, xend stopped creating peth0.  I created some network-scripts and added a
line to rc.local to get the system working again and make all of this stuff
to act on my terms, but I would like to find the config files responsible
and get this set up properly.  In the discussion labeled "Fedora Core 8 +
Xenbr0 + network bridging?" John Summerfield suggested that I use rpm -V to
find any changed files that might be responsible.  I ran rpm- V for the
following packages:
kvm
qemu
kernel-xen
xen
xen-libs
libvirt-python
libvirt
virt-manager
python-virtinst
	The only files that aren't in original condition are xendomains and
xen-config.sxp.  A diff of extracted originals and my copies shows nothing
different in either of these files that would cause my problem.  I have done
enough testing to determine that 'xend start' (in the appropriate bin
folder, not even the init script [which notably runs 'xend start' causing
the same end result]) creates br0 and no longer creates peth0 (these results
did not appear in tandem).  Can anyone point me toward any standard files
that might (when using xen cli utils but f7 runlevel 5) somehow get
automatically updated and effect how xend sets up the network (system boots
normal in non-xen kernels or when xend is prevented from starting) that
wouldn't be associated with any of the above rpms (pointers toward any other
rpms I might need to check would be appreciated too).  Thank you,
	Dustin