[Fedora-xen] Fedora 8 - Linux HVM Guest - PV Drivers

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 02:32:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use a linux HVM guest (DomU) with Paravirtual drivers for
network and disk access on my updated Fedora 8 setup.

In order to achieve this, I've downloaded the source package of appropriate
(same version) Xen Hypervisor from redhat website, then copied this source
to my DomU and compiled the unmodified_drivers folder following the steps
mentioned in the README file.

Everything went fine and I got my xen-platform-pci, xen-baloon, xen-vnif and
xen-vbd (.ko) drivers.

They modprobe fine, however, after some time, the DomU freezes up.

Specifically, system freezes quicker (usually) with only vbd, and takes more
time to free with only xen-vnif loaded into memory. When I say only,
xen-platform-pci always loaded, but only the mentioned driver is netfront or
block-front, others are ioemu.

xen-vnif also complains about a memory leak when it's rmmod 'ed.

Shall I file a bug report?

Thanks,

Emre Erenoglu
erenoglu at gmail.com