[Fedora-xen] kvm crash on f8

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 17:38:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:57:24 +0900
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> [1] Producing the CD isn't a problem, sticking it in the imaginary CD
> drive was, and while I think the needed ISO is right there too, I
> especially don't know how to shuffle virtual CDs.

Generally, what I've had to do is run qemu-kvm from the command line
with "-monitor stdio". When you need to change cd's, in the qemu
monitor console you do:

eject cdrom
change cdrom /path/to/iso/image.iso

It would be nice if there were some way to do this from virsh or the
virt-manager GUI, but I don't think there is as of yet. Maybe open a BZ
for it if you're feeling daring.

When I do this, I usually disable networking since libvirt isn't
setting it up anyway (-net none). Once the image is installed, you can
boot it as usual via virt-manager or virsh with networking enabled.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>