[Fedora-xen] Accessing data on a xen guest disk image

Dennison Williams evoltech at 2inches.com
Sun Dec 23 02:16:22 UTC 2007

I asked this question in the fedora forums
(http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=176102), but no one
seemed to have a answer.

I have installed and worked with a few different xen guests via the
instructions at FedoraXenQuickstartFC6
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6). In doing this I
installed the guests on a LVM volume and would like to access the guest
disk image. There is documentation on howto do this in the above wiki
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6#head-9c5408e750e8184aece3efe822be0ef6dd1871cd).
The problem I have is that my dom0 has the same logical and physical
volume names for its root device as my domU (ie. VolGroup00, LogVol01).
Does anyone know how to get around this name space collision so that I
can mount my guest disk?

Sincerely,
Dennison Williams