[Fedora-xen] Accessing data on a xen guest disk image

Mark Nielsen mnielsen at redhat.com
Sun Dec 23 18:21:00 UTC 2007

Let me ask this first: what is it exactly that you are trying to do? If
you are trying to mount a guest disk on dom0, why?

The times I've needed to access a VMs disk has been when something
terrible has happened to the VM and I've needed to mount the VMs disk so
I can recover information of try to fsck it. I do this by having a
stand-by VM that uses a different naming convention that my other VMs
use. This way I can use my test/rescue VM to mount up the other VMs
disks and fsck them, or recover data from them.