[Fedora-xen] All the ways go to Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:06:28 UTC 2007

Good afternoon,

I've installed Xen on a Fedora 6. The xend process are running, all
ok, but no matter what or how I try to create a new domain, I got the
useless error message "Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')".

On my last try, I've populated the directory /vm/fc5.base with a base
installation of Fedora Core 5. So, I exported that directory on NFS,
inserting the following line on /etc/exports

/vm/fc5.base    *(rw,no_root_squash)

and running exportfs -afr to update NFS server.

Afer, I created a config file on /etc/xen/fc5base with the following content:

# General
kernel = "/vm/fc5.base/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5xenU"
ramdisk = "/vm/fc5.base/boot/initrd-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5xenU.img"
memory = 128
root = "/dev/nfs"
nfs_server = "127.0.0.1"
nfs_root = "/vm/fc5.base"

# Network
netmask = "255.255.255.0"
gateway = "10.1.0.1"
hostname = "doutorx.niteroi.unimed"

At last, running the following command

# xm create fc5base vmid=100

I got that message error:

Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

I have tried other ways to create a new domain from scratch, following
instrunctions on the xm man page, but, I repeat, every try result in
that error message.

Some idea?

Thanks,

Davidson Paulo