[Fedora-xen] Console is unavailable

Ciaran Byrne ciaran.byrne at barefruit.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 11:31:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this, but I got your emails
from an inconclusive  discussion about the following subject. I am
experimenting with virtualization in RHEL 5 Beta 2, and everything
appears to go well until I try to connect to the console of the new
virtual machine. The error includes the message "connection refused".

There is no qemu-dm process running and /var/log/xen/qemu-dm.3598.log
contains the following line:
xc_get_pfn_list returned error 22

I have attached xend.log for today in case it helps.

Incidentally, I seem to have found that there is no way to recover the
new virtual machine after I have installed Fedora unless I save it just
before the final reboot. I then do virsh restore xen-machine1.saved. I
am hoping this is the right thing to do.

Many thanks,

Ciaran Byrne