[Fedora-xen] gui console unavailable after upgrade

Daryl Daly daryld at norco.com
Fri Feb 23 19:25:16 UTC 2007

I am just learning how to use xen.
I installed a fc6 virtual machine and everything went okay. After the
install I was able to start the virtual machine and use the gui console to
log in.

Then I did a 'yum update' on the virtual machine and rebooted it. Since
doing that I have been unable to use the gui console. It just says "The
console is currently unavailable". I am able to use the serial console.

I don't see any new entries in the xend-debug.log

I have also updated my host fc6.

Any ideas as to the cause?

Thanks,
Daryl.

--
Daryl Daly, B.Sc.
Chief Programmer/Business Analyst
daryld at norco.com

Norco Products Ltd.                 Really Cool Bikes!!!

    Norco            __O            Tel:   604-552-2930 ext 205
 Performance        =\ \            Fax:   604-552-2948
    Bikes         (=)/(=)                  www.norco.com

1465 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, V3C 6L3