[Fedora-xen] Failed to obtain physical IRQ

Christian Schuermann huor.carnesir at arcor.de
Fri Feb 23 21:52:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to boot a FC6 domU with kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6xen. When I try
to activate the network device (physical NIC, hidden from dom0)

    ifconfig eth0 up

I get this error msg:

   Failed to obtain physical IRQ 10
   eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1

ifconfig says, the device is up but pinging another host doesn't work. I
tried to change the pci-slots, the NICs and used different drivers, the
error message remains (just the IRQ changes). It seems that this is not
a hardware problem.
Googling the error message didn't help much. What can do to narrow down
the problem?

Thanks, Chris