[Fedora-xen] gui console unavailable after upgrade

Markus Armbruster armbru at redhat.com
Sat Feb 24 08:31:53 UTC 2007

"Daryl Daly" <daryld at norco.com> writes:

> On Fri, February 23, 2007 1:47 pm, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>
>> Fully virtual or paravirtual?
>
> paravirtual
>

>> Did you upgrade dom0 as well?
>>

> Hmmm... I am not sure of the terminology here. I assume that dom0 is the
> host OS (the host that the virtual machine was created and is running on).
> If that assumption is correct then yes it was updated as well.

Good.

The virtual framebuffer protocol recently changed from a preliminary
version to the final version.  The new backend (running in dom0, what
you call host) is backward compatible: it can cope with new and old
domU (what you may call guest).  Old backend with new frontend doesn't
work, though.

Your update of dom0 should have gotten you the new backend.  Weird.
Does restarting xend help?  If not, what's new in /var/log/xen/* ?