[Fedora-xen] Problem about installing guesting OS with virt-manger of Fedora Core 6

taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu taoj2 at cs.rpi.edu
Wed Feb 28 04:19:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed the Fedora Core 6 on my computer.

Now I was trying to install the Fedora Core 6 guesting OS in my computer.
I use the Virtual Machine Manager to do this.

First, I create an empty file, box1, like this:

cat > box1

I didn't type anthing into the file. SO the file is empty. (Is this a
correct approach to create a file for the guesting OS storage space ?)

Then I set the /home/jane/xen/box1 as the storage space to install my
guesting OS. I chose Fedora COre 6 again as my guest os. The problem is:
When the installation comes to selecting disk partition part, there is no
available drive there. I print the screen and attached the picture.

I get stucked there and can't continue the guest os installation.

COuld you please give me some hint? THank you very much.

Regards,
Angel