[Fedora-xen] Internal and external domains on one host

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jan 10 21:44:07 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

Would I be crazy to use one physical box to run a few internal Xen domU
(stuff for the LAN), and  use the same host to run a few domU in a DMZ
(website, mail, etc.)?  Besides the fact that a DoS attack on the DMZ
domU could slow the domU on the LAN side down to a crawl, is there
anything else that I should be concerned about?

I have a small home office, and want to consolidate my three servers to
two.  Besides saving some electricity, the box in the DMZ is old and
slow - the one I want to consolidate to is _much_ better.  The better
server is already running Xen and a few domU, actually.

Has anyone done this?  A little part of me says it would be fool hardy,
but I can be convinced otherwise!

Thanks in advance,

Ranbir
--